Hello, gentle readers! Hope you are well and staying safe!
I’ve done it! I’ve had a breakthrough on my current work in progress (well, at least I think I did). You know when you’re writing along and it’s just NOT working and you can’t figure out why?
It seems I always run into problems during the “sagging middle”, that part of the story where you’ve set the stage, so to speak, but you’re not quite to the point where you can begin that downward spiral toward the end of the book. This is the point where I usually ask myself why I’m writing this story (and no, I am not kind to myself. The phrases “this is boring” or “this stinks” can usually be heard by my poor DH and the dogs. There are other phrases uttered, but I can’t use those words in this post).
So, I took a few days of PTO around Labor Day, bound and determined to figure out why Wife Wanted is not going the way I want it to (I also made a big batch of spaghetti sauce, but that’s a different story). Anyway, I read the thing from beginning to where I started running into trouble and I found it. Oh my gosh! The answer was so simple, too (yes, truly a head slap moment)!
And now that I’ve found it, I know what I need to do to fix it, which I’ve started to do. Wish me luck that what I found was truly the problem and it’s not something else lurking in this manuscript!
Until next time, remember to spread kindness wherever you go.
Post a Comment